Could-be-vegan Thumbprint Cookies

After my blueberry picking adventure in Roscoe, NY, I made jam. For some reason, one jar did not seal properly when I processed it, so I am trying to use it as soon as possible. I thought...jam tart? blueberry newtons? And then I came across this awesome recipe on Post Punk Kitchen and altered it so as to make it NOT vegan. haha. Here's what I did, and these cookies are rich, rockin, just the right amount of sweet, mm-mm-good.

3/4 c blanched sliced almonds
1/4 c pumpkin seeds
1 c rolled oats
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/3 c softened butter
1/3 c maple syrup
1 t vanilla
1/4 t baking soda
pinch salt
jam

Grind almonds and seeds in food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until mixture turns to dough. Roll into what PPK calls "walnut-sized" balls and indent each one with your thumb. Fill indentations with a bit of jam. Bake on greased pans at 350 for 13 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts