Vegetarian Tofu Tacos


I know, you're thinking What?! You don't post for almost two months and then you post twice in one week!? But it's really not ever planned - I don't ever think I should make something so that I can have something to write on my blog. Usually it's the other way around - I make something first and if the process and/or the end result is the right degree of inspiring/wowing, it goes on the blog. The mood has to be right. And the fact that I just satisfied my hungover feel bad self with vegetarian tofu tacos meets the criteria for wow, so I share with you!

I do not own the book Veganomicon. However, I borrow it from the library pretty routinely. I should probably just buy it because these vegans know what they're talking about, and they are good at helping readers follow their leads. Earlier this week I made something like their vegan tofu ricotta (I blended 1/2 lb firm tofu, 1 t lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, pinch salt, 1/4 c fresh basil, 2-3 t olive oil, and 2 T nutritional yeast flakes in the food processor. The final ingredient is optional if you can't find it.). I carried this "ricotta" (which actually does taste strikingly like the real deal) for lunch with rye crackers and sliced heirloom tomatoes a couple of times this week. And just now, when I thought to myself I may pass out from hunger, I put it in a corn tortilla taco with cheddar cheese and chopped avocado and tomato. ...and then I made another.

Comments

Popular Posts