...I'm back!


Apologies for the lack of posting towards the end of December/beginning of January. I was away on holiday visiting family in Cape Town. I took lots of pictures, but cooked and baked a lot less than usual. My days were filled with lying on the beach and braiing (South African's way of our classic BBQ, pronounced brai, rhymes with eye) at night. It was wonderful, I even had time to read novels.



One of the best markets I had the chance to visit was in Observatory, called the NeighborGoods Market. It's not quite a farmer's market-- much less fresh produce and more food items being produced on location or pre-baked and sold, looking beautiful. It's held at an old biscuit mill, which makes it rather quaint.


At the market, I bought some uniquely South African flavored macarons, a chocolate croissant, and a couple of giant meringues (can you tell I have a sweet tooth?). The presentation of most of the vendors' goods was out of this world adorable and delicious. There were booths for fresh pizzas, omelets, and biltong, among other things. The photos are below. I hope they at least leave your mouths watering.

Comments

Popular Posts