Finally, finally back

Has it really been since May that I posted here? I guess it has. Summer's been busy! I moved to Crown Heights, Mr. Ripe came in from the Bay Area, and I started working at a restaurant in Manhattan. I didn't want to post, I guess, because I was a tad embarrassed about the blog. Truly, I was. But now that everyone seems to know about it at work, I say fuck it. As exhausted as I am from working the past seven days straight, I came home happy today, excited for my three day weekend on an actual nationally recognized weekend!
And despite scarfing down some veggies at work before I left, I feel hungry. So I'm in the process of making a simple summer green quinoa salad. It's gonna rock, I know this already.

The ingredients are green by accident, but they are so amazing looking and so exciting as they are all either from the greenmarket in Union Square or from the farm my brother is working on in Connecticut on and off this summer. Knowing where my food comes from makes it that much more exciting for me. And working in the restaurant makes me exponentially more inspired to create!

Here you have it, summer quinoa salad made simple, with no measurements whatsoever--those ratios are up to you:

Cooked quinoa
sliced small zucchini
blanched romano beans, cut into 1" lengths
2 garlic scapes, cut into small pieces
red wine vinagrette (simple: dijon, rw vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper)

Toss all ingredients. Eat with a smile, because it's summer and your food is glorious.

Comments

Popular Posts