At last.

(I guess I have been busy.) After not posting for a very long time, and just not really doing good upkeep on the blog this year, in general, I felt the urge tonight to share some really delicious chewy oatmeal cookies I concocted out of a craving for the very morsels. These are oatmeal-chocolate chip-pumpkin seed-raisin cookies. Cookies with oats are my favorite. I always think oats make chocolate chip cookies better. There is something just so homey about oats. And oats and chocolate? I remember making cookies similar to these years ago at my parents' house, and my mother remarked critically about them - something like, "Do you really need to put chocolate chips in everything?" Excuse me, yes. I do. Oats and chocolate in a cookie, plus some sort of chewy dried fruit? Amazing. Heaven. It's really all I need.

Chocolate chip oat raisin seed cookies
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t salt
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c sugar
2 T molasses
2 T vegetable oil
1 t vanilla extract
1 egg
3/4 c chocolate chips
1/2 c pumpkin seeds
1 c oats
1/2 c raisins

In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients. In electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add molasses and oil. Beat until well incorporated, then beat in vanilla and egg. Mix in dry premixed ingredients. Finally, add chocolate, oats, pumpkin seeds, and raisins. Spoon by the tablespoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet, and bake 10-12 min on 350. Lick the bowl. Cool on ready cookies on rack. Dig in.

Comments

Popular Posts