Light Spice Yogurt Cake

I know I just posted the lemon cake less than two weeks ago, but I made this for my class and everyone loved it and asked if it would be on the blog. So, by popular demand, I bring you very lightly spiced yogurt cake!

1 c flour
3/4 c sugar
1 t baking soda
1/8 t freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 t cinnamon
1/8 t salt
1 1/2 c yogurt
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
1 t almond extract
1/4 c melted butter
cardamom syrup (recipe below)

cardamom syrup: in small bowl, mix 6 crushed cardamom pods with 1/4 c boiled water and 1/4 c sugar. Let sit 5-10 minutes. Strain through sieve, discard pods.

In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Add wet ingredients to dry, including the syrup. Stir until thoroughly combined. Pour into lightly greased loaf pan. Bake on 350 for 25 minutes, or until golden brown and inserted toothpick comes out clean.

Comments

Popular Posts