Spicy Greens Pesto

Some people don't like to cook in the summertime. I don't mind the act of cooking in the summer. I don't mind the heat of the kitchen, but it's more that I am just so hot I don't want to do anything at all! When I came home today and I was hungry, I just wanted something to materialize in front of me. Even the act of really chewing seemed too great a task! So I threw some basic ingredients into the food processor: Spicy greens (arugula, mustard, dandelion...), a garlic clove, toasted pine nuts, parmesan, olive oil, salt, lemon juice, black pepper... and hit the ON switch. And out came pesto!
I lathered it atop Hot Bread Kitchen sourdough batard (omg new favorite), along with seared zucchini and chopped fresh herbs. Dinner for the lazy is served.
 
Greens Pesto (makes about 1 c)
1 garlic clove
3 c greens of your choice, raw or steamed to wilted
1/4 c toasted pine nuts
1/4 c grated parmesan
almost 1/4 c olive oil
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Whiz ingredients in food processor. Eat atop whole wheat pasta or toasted bread of choice.

Comments

Popular Posts