Salad and Kombucha

I planned for today to be beautiful. Yes, I checked the weather and listened to the report on the radio all week. They said the weekend would be Sunny! And Warmer! Lies! All lies! From the moment I woke (late - it's a Saturday, after all) until now, it's been cloudy and cold. However, I'll admit, there was a brief moment, in between 12:30 and 1:45, during which there was sun and warmth. I ran in the park without a sweatshirt. Just shorts and a tee. Like a summer day. When I got home, even though the clouds and cold were back, I was still committed to enjoying food and drink as if it were a summer day and I needed a light, colorful meal.

I made a power salad and prepared a new batch of kombucha.

The power salad had:
mixed greens
baby spinach
grated carrot
toasted seeds! (sunflower, pumpkin)
toasted sliced almonds
some sliced red onion
grated ginger
1 hard boiled egg, sliced
a squeeze of lemon juice

The dressing was my rendition of Goddess based on this recipe. With the ginger in the salad, oh my, my my:
2 T tahini
2 T water
2 T olive oil
1 T apple cider vinegar
smashed garlic clove
1 t soy
salt/pepper

The salad was pretty (rare for me, I know) and delicious and tricked me into thinking that perhaps the weather had changed for the better and that a low cut, slinky dress would be appropriate attire for a walk. It was not. I was cold. But pleasantly satisfied and my belly was full.

Comments

Popular Posts