Blueberry Cake

I receive the culinate newsletter and often browse and delete it. This morning, however, my eye was caught by something simple that I was immediately attracted to. Yogurt cake. I love yogurt. I love cake. I have an abundance of wild blueberries from last week's expedition to Roscoe, NY.
This cake is amazing. I baked it in a pyrex square dish, but you could also bake it in a regular circular cake pan. You could also make it into little sweet muffins, too, if you have a muffin tin. Fruit is optional, but a very nice addition to the tang and moistness lent by the yogurt.

I urge you to try this simple recipe:

2 c sifted whole wheat pastry flour
1 t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
pinch salt
1 c sugar
1 c yogurt
2 eggs
1/2 T vanilla
1/4 c veg oil
1 c blueberries

Sift and mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients. Then add to the dry and mix until incorporated. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased baking dish and bake for 50 minutes on 350.

Comments

Popular Posts