Birthday Feast

Three days ago, I turned a quarter of a century old. I decided that, instead of going out to a shmancy restaurant for the big event, I wanted to create a small feast for several friends. The menu was inspired by our CSA, my time in California, Christian Noto and, of course, my own (and Matt's) cravings.

Here is the menu:

  • olives and spanish cheeses to start, along with Smuttynose sampler beers
  • Grilled Flatbread with garlic oil, zucchini, sieved egg, and parmesan
  • Salad of Boston lettuce, Satur Farms arugula, watercress, Golden Earthworm stonefruit, toasted hazelnuts, and shaved piave
  • Wheat Berry salad
  • Chicken grilled two ways
  • Grilled halved rosemary potatoes
  • Carvel Ice Cream Cake
Amazing, amazing. In the next few days I will disclose the first three recipes. Just wanted to whet your appetite for now with my leftovers recipe for chargrilled potato homefries (what can I say, it was a lot of food for only eight people!). I'm eating it right now, and it's amazing. Better than normal homefries (which is a big statement, I know), because they have been grilled over charcoal, which gives them this exceptional smokey flavor. These are best if served with over-easy eggs and Piri Piri sauce.

Chargrilled Homefries

vegetable oil
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
8 leftover potatoes, sliced into bits of your size preference
salt
pepper
rosemary

In a cast iron skillet, heat oil.
Add onion, and cook until translucent.
Add potato bits, salt, pepper, rosemary.
Cook on medium to high heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crisp on the outside, and nice and hot and delish on the inside.

Comments

Popular Posts