Happy Valentines Day!


This isn't really a V-Day post-- It's really just a post I should have done last week when I made these cookies. When people ask me what I like to cook the most, I have a hard time answering. It's a very hard question to answer! I don't know what I like to make the most. I don't have a #1 thing to make. I do know that I love to bake, however. I have a real sweet tooth. Once, for like 2 months, I got myself to stop eating sweets and candy and pizza. It was more of a challenge to see if I had the will power than anything else. I probably shouldn't eat as many sweets as I do, though, because I've always been someone who has a lot of cavities. No matter what, the dentist is never happy with me. It kind of sucks, but I've kind of given up hope for my teeth because I think they are just bad because of genetics. I think it's my dad's fault. That said, these cookies I made last week were the bomb diggity. For real.
Mark Bittman's How To Cook Everything was the basic guide recipe. Of course, you know me, I couldn't stick to the recipe. Also, next time, I will make them with less butter. I don't think they actually needed as much as the recipe called for, or even as much as I put in (which, of course, was less than what Mark suggests). I don't like when a baked cookie actually makes your hands greasy, and these did that. SO the recipe I provide below is the new recipe. The less greasy recipe. And if you like greasy fingers while you eat delicious cookies, then just go ahead and make the recipe with 2 whole sticks of butter, for all I care.


Crispy and Amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oats

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
3/4 c brown sugar
3/4 c white sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla extract
3/4 c oats
3/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all purpose flour
2 t baking soda
2 t salt
1 1/2 c chocolate chips

Mix the dry ingredients together in one bowl (not the chocolate chips). Beat the butter and sugars together. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla. Add all of the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips. Mix very well. Finally, add the chocolate chips. Using two regular kitchen spoons or your hands, drop 12-16 balls of dough onto 3 cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake 12 minutes on 375.

Comments

Popular Posts