Stress and Cooking: What is the relationship? I bring you the Hot Toddy

I don't know what the relationship between cooking and my stress levels is. When I'm too stressed, I simply cannot bear to enjoy the pleasure cooking gives me. And yes, cooking is a stress reliever, but I think only for minimal amounts of stress for me. Is it a bell curve? Do moderate levels of stress correlate with higher frequencies of baking? It's possible... because I know I often do it to procrastinate.

Well either way, my month of stress is officially OVER! I know, I know, I can't believe it either, yet. I just know I feel like a giant heavy weight has been lifted off me. It feels AMAZING. And just when I start to feel destressified, I feel my throat starting to ache.

So tonight's recipe is the Meg Hot Toddy. Check it out:

2 T honey
1-2 oz Kentucky Bourbon
juice of 1 lemon
8-10 oz boiling water

Mix all ingredients in nice round mug. Sip. Feel the liquid coat your throat. And relax.

Comments

Popular Posts