Cinnamon Buns


No surprise, I enjoy food-blog-browsing in my free time. I found this recipe online and just had to try it, because I love breakfast foods! These easy to make breakfast buns are perfect for a grab-and-go start to the day. *Also, you can make the dough and retard the proofing by putting it in the fridge 45 minutes after mixing. Then, just remove 2 hours before you are ready to use it, let it come to room temperature and rise, and cut and bake as directed below!
I wanted to post them before I completely fall asleep after the longest day ever (referring to every Thursday, every week).
They are truly delicious as is, but with glaze or frosting, even better, taking away from the original author's namesake goal, but adding to my enjoyment!

Skinnymon Buns
adapted from The Skinny Chef

1 c all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c whole wheat pastry flour
1 package yeast
1/2 c sugar
1 T butter, melted
1 c milk (any fat content fine)
1 egg
pinch salt
cinnamon sugar (2 parts sugar, 1 part cinnamon, mixed)

Pulse flours, yeast, and salt in food processor. Mix melted butter, milk, egg, and salt in bowl. With the food processor running, add to the dry mixture. Mix until well blended. Scoop dough out with spatula and place in lightly oiled bowl. Cover and let rise for 2 hours, or until doubled in size*. On a floured board, dump dough out, and roll into a rectangle of even-thickness, about 1/4" thick. Spray vegetable oil, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to your liking (I used about 1/4 cup, then decided I wanted more sugar and sprinkled some on top). Roll up dough into a long snake, and then slice, about 1-2" thick. Place slices on parchment paper and bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. If glazing or frosting, do so right before cooled so it melts a bit, too.

Comments

Popular Posts