POPOVERS!

I already explained that I made my brother a beer cake for his birthday. He'd also mentioned one day that he really loves popovers. He'd said, "Hey, do you think you know a good recipe for Popovers?" I took this subtle hint and acted on it.


The day before the broski left for Yale, I whipped up an easy batch of popovers. Quite an interesting baked good, I admit. Puffy, light, yet substantial as a breakfast food, or snack. And I think it's seriously cool to see the height these things exhibit once they get to the right temperature. Next time I think I'll add some grated hard cheese into the batter. I'm also working on a mixed popover/blueberry muffin recipe. I think it will be perfect.

But for now I just have the super simple popover recipe for you.

1 1/2 T melted butter
2 eggs
1 c flour
1 T agave

Whisk all ingredients well. Pour into well-greased muffin tins - mini or regular (I used both, for variety!). Bake for 30 min on 350. Remove from muffin tins, eat!

Comments

Popular Posts