Moist, Light Bran Muffins


I recently bought some bran. I bought it because I thought it an essential ingredient in whole wheat or multigrain bread. And as soon as I had it, I remembered how good the banana bran muffins were that I made as a baker at San Francisco's Cafe Ponte.
Although I don't remember the Cafe Ponte recipe, I fudged my own. The result was a very moist, light, tasty, perfect texture muffin. I will definitely make them again.

6 T butter, softened
1/4 c sugar (white or brown)
2 eggs
1 c plain yogurt (I used fat-free Greek yogurt)
1 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t vanilla
2 very ripe bananas, mashed or in small chunks
1 c bran + 1 c hot water, left to sit 5 min

Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and yogurt. Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until incorporated. Finally, add vanilla, bananas, and bran/water mush. Scoop into muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Remove from tins so the muffins don't steam and become mushy. Cool. Eat!

Comments

Popular Posts