...and about that ricotta

By the time my monkey bread was done, it was time for dinner. As good as it was (and it only got better with time as the sweet risen bread had time to soak up the syrup), earlier in the day I had decided and committed to using last night's fresh ricotta with broccoli rabe and pasta. I did a bit of prep work just whipping the ricotta with some salt and olive oil in in the food processor.
Keeping to plan, dinner was a success. I am going to have to buy another quart of milk and make more ricotta, because this stuff is so good! I think next time I'll also buy some higher quality olive oil, because I really think whipping the homemade cheese with better oil will make a world of difference.
I feel spoiled by my dinner, and even further by the bounty I enjoyed all summer.
Warning: cheesy moment (and I'm not talking about ricotta). I want to relay to you, my readers, that I feel truly grateful for having access to local farmers' harvests.

OK this was dinner:
1 bunch rapini, bottom inch cut off and tossed out, the rest chopped into inch long pieces
pot of water, boiling rapidly, salted heavily (make it taste like the ocean. for real.)
olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
crushed red pepper
salt
whole wheat pasta of choice
whipped ricotta cheese

Blanch rapini in water. Set aside. In a skillet, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until it starts to color. Add crushed red pepper and then rapini. (You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan.) Add generous pinch of salt and saute 2-3 minutes. Serve atop whole wheat pasta with a dollop of ricotta. And enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts