Ricotta!

I made ricotta just now! How cool! I thought it would be easy but not THIS easy!

I finally remembered to return 2 quart bottles to Ronnybrook today at the Grand Army Plaza market...and picked up a new quart of their creamline milk (the best).
I also bought a bunch of broccoli rabe- it was the last bunch (!!!) at Maxwell farms. I was super happy to walk away as if it was a gold medal! Anyway, on my way home, I thought, hey, I can make ricotta and serve it with sauteed broccoli rabe and some whole wheat pasta!

So here's the ricotta. So easy, so awesome. It tastes delicious! Here's what to do:

2 c whole milk
1 T lemon juice
pinch salt

Bring milk to simmer over low heat. When the simmer is pretty rolling, add lemon juice and reduce heat to even lower. Simmer for two minutes. Strain through cheese cloth or fine mesh sieve. The end!

Comments

Popular Posts