Simply martha

Look, you can think she's absolutely crazy. A criminal. Too wholesome (?). Think what you want, but Martha Stewart is a freakin genious. That's all there is to it. She's a genius. She is one of the experts, no questions asked. What Martha says is good is good. The end.
So when I googled Oatmeal Raisin bars, thinking I wanted ideas for how to make simple, good, wholesome Oatmeal Raisin bars, and this came up first, I was satisfied.
In a very un-Meg fashion, I followed the recipe. Yes, I. Followed. A. Recipe. I didn't change anything*. I used parchment paper. I used a whisk. Melted butter- the full amount. When Martha said to level the flour after measuring, I leveled!
*I will say that I do not actually have white flour in the house, or have it very rarely. So I used my trusted whole wheat flour. I'm sorry. Get over it. It tastes better, and it's not like I needed special white flour for elasticity or something. So there. All you critics can just shove it.

You can go directly to Martha's site for the recipe. And browse around. She's fun!

Comments

Popular Posts