Breakfast for one.

I woke up this morning and did not feel so good. My mind went to that yummy egg sandwich place it's gone to on so many mornings like these. The paper-and-foil wrapped roll filled with sliced cheddar cheese that melts on contact with hot scrambled egg...so good... But eating an egg sandwich would require me to like, get out of bed? or change out of pajamas? feel less groggy? All alternatives that just were not.

So i forgot about that idea. I dozed. And then, I up and created.

A baked egg-broccoli-cheddar puff. Kind of loosely based on the idea of a strata, but no overnight soaking required. Very satisfying. And then I had a bowl of vanilla gelato. What can I say, that's just my mood on this permacloud hazy day.

Puffy Baked Egg with Broccoli and Cheese (for one)
2 eggs, beaten
pinch salt, pepper
1/8 t yellow mustard powder
handful broccoli florets, cut into little tiny pieces
1 slice whole wheat bread, crust removed, cut into 16+ squares
1 oz cheddar cheese, in cubes

In bowl, beat egg with salt, pepper, mustard powder. Gently toss in broccoli, bread, and half of the cheese. Pour into lightly greased ramekin or ovenproof dish, and top with remaining cheese. Bake at 350, covered, for 15-20 minutes.


Comments

Popular Posts