Really amazing


Last summer we canned twelve quart jars of plum tomatoes. With extreme self-control, I managed to make them last through the year. I decided to use a jar tonight (why not, it's almost tomato season again!), and I still have two in the cupboard for next time I have a craving.

Though not fresh, these jarred tomatoes are the BEST canned tomatoes I have ever had! The flavor is impeccable. Simmered with some garlic in olive oil, these jarred tomatoes make the best sauce I have ever made, and so simple! I think I will have to do this every year at the end of summer. It is more than worth it.

No hassle summer dinner

1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2" strips
a few zucchini, sliced to similar length
1 c tomato sauce
grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese
toasted baguette

Toss eggplant and zucchini in olive oil. Place on baking sheet and broil about 7-10 min, then turn over, and broil another 5 min. Remove from oven, add sauce and top with cheese. Place under broiler again, until cheese has bubbled and browned. Serve with toasted bread. The simplest.

Comments

Popular Posts